Telescopes and Instruments "RiFast"
With a jaw-dropping f/3.8 focal ratio, the RiFast are the ultimate telescopes for wide field astrophotography
The unique 3-lens field flattener allows wide flat focal planes, 80 mm or even more (!) in diameter. Two-stage light shield as standard on the secondary mirror.
Overview "RiFast" SERIE
A big, beautiful telescope at f/3.8. What else to say?
Devoted to astrophotograpy, the RiFast family has an unique optical scheme, proprietary of Officina Stellare, another creation of our master optician, Massimo Riccardi. The tree-lens field flattener is the real masterpiece of this telescope. The primary mirror is aspherical and the secondary mirror is spherical. A precise design choice to make collimation easier.
Diffraction-limited over a wide and flat field, the RiFast design will push any camera to its limits… and will do it FAST! The extraordinary f/ ratio allows a higher productivity per night, a significant factor for surveys, SN search, asteroid control, and many other fields of modern astronomy.
The central obstruction is about 50%, but still smaller than similar designs, that simply can’t compete under any point of view. The visual contrast is very good, thanks also to the special ultra-dark paints we use.
The corrector group is very close to the focal plane, so chromatic aberration is undetectable.
|ENTRY PUPIL DIAMETER||From 400 mm (16'') to 800 mm (32'')|
|FOCAL LENGTH||From 1140 to 6400 mm (252'')|
FULLY CORRECTED |
AND ILLUMINATED FIELD
|From 60 mm to 90 mm|
|WEIGHT||From 40 Kg to 180 Kg|
|BACK FOCUS EXTRACTION||From about 220 mm (8.6'') to about 300 mm (12'')|
All telescopes share the following mechanical characteristics:
- Two (optionally four) Losmandy or 8″ dovetail plates, to connect the telescope to your mount, or to accommodate accessories.
- Computer optimized baffles.
- Focal plane tilt adjusting.
- Optional shutter to protect the primary mirror.
- High precision spherical joint and high strength carbon tubes in the truss structure for zero-backlash assembly and extraordinary rigidity.
- Double concentric light shield for the secondary mirror/spider support.
- Radial micrometric adjustment for the secondary mirror support.
- All collimation screws are spring-loaded, with lock if needed.
- Zero image shift secondary mirror movement, with electronic/PC control (optional on smaller telescopes, standard in the big ones).
- Special ultra-dark and ultra-opaque space-grade paint for all sensible parts. Space grade glue for glued parts. Space-grade rubber for all seals.
- Unique mirror supports design.
- Wide choice of focusers, filter wheels, and optical train accessories in general.
- Customization available.