The "OS Mount"
The new mount from Officina Stellare: the right choice for professional applications.
Officina Stellare is very proud to present a new mount for telescopes up to 80cm (or smaller telescopes arrays with a total payload up to more than 300Kgs in equatorial mode), available both in equatorial and alt/az version. It’s a new a professional mount, ready for every demanding user. The structure is optimized for high stiffness and is designed to minimize any thermal deformation. It is available both with direct drive or AC brushless high torque motors on both axes.
Overview "OS Mount"
Absolute Heidenhain on axis encoders are very precise, with a resolution up to 28 bits (0.004 arcsec) thus allowing real-time tracking correction on each axis and motion metrology as well. After modelling, the measured and working pointing error is tipically 5 arcsec RMS and the tracking precision is tipically +/- 0.25 arcsec RMS over a 20 minutes exposure. These are not theoretical values, but measured ones.
So you can get your mount ready to use, for all kind of research works, including astronomical, satellite tracking and laser communication applications.
|LOAD CAPACITY||up to 300 kg in Eq mode|
|TRACKING PRECISION||+/- 0.25 arcsec RMS in 1200s|
|POINTING PRECISION||typical 5 arcsec RMS after modelling|
|MOTORS||AC Brushless or Direct Drive|
|ABSOLUTE ENCODER RESOLUTION||up to 28 bits (0.004 arcsec)|
|MAXIMUM SPEED||typical 12°/sec. Higher speeds available|
- Two-arm fork layout, ALT/AZ or equatorial layout
- up to 80cm optical tube telescope (or smaller arrays with a total payload up to more than 300Kgs in equatorial mode)
- Steel – aluminum frame
- Concrete base/pier interface provided. Custom piers available
- Fine tuning settings for latitude and azimuth polar alignment when installed in EQ mode
- Easy and fast restart after previous session end and/or failure
- Pre-loaded precision oversized ball bearings on both axes
- FEA optimized structure for high stiffness
- Minimized thermal dilatation
- Microprocessor controlled motors on both axes
- Full control from local/remote PC, basic functions from local hand pad
- Direct Drive or high torque AC brusheless motors on both axes
- Real-time tracking correction and motion metrology on both axes
- Absolute Heidenhain on axis encoders, with a resolution up to 28 bit (0.004 arc/sec)
- Programmable slewing/point speed, tipically up to 12°/s. Higher speed available
- Middle term (20 minutes) tracking precision +/-0,25 arcsec RMS
- Pointing error, typical (before mount modeling): 12 arcmin
- Typical pointing error after mount modelling: less than 10 arcsec
- Wide internal object database, expandable and online upgradable.
- 5 pre-set tracking speeds (sideral, solar, lunar, “user” and “land mode”)
- Non sidereal objects tracking capability
- Park and Homing functions
- Sub arcsecond non sidereal objects/satellite tracking capability
- High precision, heavy payload capable field derotator at Nasmyth focus
- Hand pad brightness tuning
- Software selectable mount movement limits
- Electromechanical safety brakes presents
- Auto sync possible (sync on a bright star near the desired object)
- Internal high precision real time clock
- Automatic alignment from last position (resume)
- Automatic alignment from park or home position
- Full TCS management software (Windows) provided
- ASCOM driver provided
- Communication protocol and SDK provided, for third-party software development
- Power supply and complete user manual provided